I THINK I AM READY! WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT THE WORKOUT?
The best way to learn is to jump right in and take a class! Simply send us an EMAIL and we will get you registered to come in and try out our program FREE. OUR F3FIT COACHES ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT INSPIRING OTHERS TO LIVE A HEALTHY, HAPPY, AND FULFILLING LIFE. Contact us TODAY experience the best 45-minute workout of your life!
I HAVE NEVER WORKED OUT BEFORE, WILL I BE ABLE TO DO THE CLASS?
Yes, definitely! We are very beginner friendly. We’re thrilled that you’re thinking about getting into shape with us! Your coach will assist you with modifications and tailor the exercises to your ability level. You”ll feel supported and encouraged throughout class. Like any new fitness routine, you may want to chat with your doctor before your first class.
I AM IN GREAT SHAPE, WILL THIS WORKOUT CHALLENGE ME?
Yes, guaranteed! Our coaches can offer a higher variation to any movement. Have you ever tried an Assault Air Bike?? Once you try it you will know the love/hate relationship our members have with this awesome resistance bike! With the mixture of cardio and strength training, you are sure to leave sweaty and energized! You’re going to love the way you feel in class and after class.
ARE THERE ANY AGE RESTRICTIONS?
Minimum age is 14 to attend our regular classes (anyone 14-18 must be accompanied by an adult ) Maximum age is 70+! Formula 3 Fitness has something for everyone, no matter their age or fitness level. Our programs keep you constantly inspired and challenged so that you can meet your fitness goals.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR AND WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Wear clothes that you are comfortable working out in
- Face mask is optional for fully vaccinated individuals
- Bring a water bottle and exercise mat if you would like for any floor exercises
- No strong perfumes or colognes please
- Clean sneakers (please do not wear muddy/wet sneakers on our training floor)
- All other equipment will be provided for you!
WHEN WILL I START TO SEE RESULTS?
Everybody and Every Body is different. On average, if you begin attending class 2-3 days a week, you will start to see and feel changes by the end of week two and you will notice a big difference in your overall strength after 30 days.
HOW MANY DAYS A WEEK SHOULD I COME TO CLASS?
This is all a personal preference. It depends on your availability and fitness level. If you are just starting out we recommend 3x a week for optimal results and adequate rest time. All of our memberships are unlimited though so you can come in three times a day if you really want to!
FULLY VACCINATED INDIVIDUALS CAN CHOOSE TO NOT WEAR A MASK IN THE STUDIO BEGINNING 5/19/21
EXERCISING WITH A FACE MASK ON: FAQ’S
There’s no doubt about it: Exercising with a covering over your mouth takes some getting used to—you shouldn’t expect your workout to be the same the first few times you wear one—but, you will ultimately adjust.
Is it safe to exercise with a face mask on?
Yes, it’s safe for most people to exercise while wearing a face mask. Most people can perform all exercises with a face mask on. You will want to monitor how you’re feeling while exercising and watch out for specific symptoms such as lightheadedness, dizziness, numbness or tingling and shortness of breath.
Should anyone not exercise with a face mask on?
People who have underlying cardiovascular or respiratory conditions should take caution when exercising with a face mask on. Examples of such conditions include asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD), bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, pulmonary fibrosis and any other conditions that affect the heart or lungs. If you have a cardiovascular or respiratory condition, please consult your doctor about exercising with a face mask before attending class and attempting to do it.
What to expect while exercising with a face mask on
Due to the increase in breathing resistance, it’s normal to get out of breath quicker than you typically would in your workout when not wearing the face mask. Begin at a lower level than what you’re used to and then increase exertion. As you continue, always keep an eye on your heart rate. Pay attention to how your body responds to your workout while wearing a face mask. If you do feel lightheaded, dizzy or extremely short of breath, you should sit down and take a break. Over a few weeks, your body will adapt by becoming more efficient at metabolizing oxygen. Start slow, listen to your body and don’t over do it.
And you can take solace that your lungs will just be that much stronger when you can exercise freely again!
How to not feel restricted while exercising with a face mask on
Sorry — you’re not really going to get around this one. But the good news is, your lungs and cardiovascular system are getting an extra workout while you are wearing your face mask because it is providing extra breathing resistance. *Bonus: you will burn more calories during your workout! The more you exercise with a face mask on, the more accustomed your body will become to the reduced flow of oxygen, and theoretically, you should feel like a beast when you can finally work out without a face mask on!
So how can you be more comfortable while exercising in a mask?
Here are our TOP 3 F3FIT mask wearing TIPS:
- Focus on Your Breath – Undoubtedly, wearing a mask during exercise takes some getting used to. One way to adjust is by focusing on your breath during a workout. Take deeper, slower inhales through the nose as well as slower exhales – almost as if you’re training for running. This will prevent you from getting light headed and make your workout more successful.
- Reap the Benefits – While exercising with a mask can be uncomfortable, there are some benefits! When your face is covered during exercise your lungs have to work harder to get the same amount of air into the lungs. Over time, this can strengthen your respiratory system including your lungs and diaphragm. And when it’s safe to exercise without a mask your lungs will be able to absorb more oxygen, which can result in a performance increase.
- Know Your Limits – Do not expect to be able to perform at the same level you would without a mask. Expect to fatigue faster. But your body will adjust. The first time exercising with a mask is going to be the most challenging. Each time it gets a little bit easier. Don’t give up on yourself!!! Taking breaks is OK! You will be that much stronger for it! Each workout and each week is a journey toward retraining your mind and body. Remember that our F3FIT Coaches are here for you. Be vocal with your coach and let them know how you are feeling so they can provide you with the most effective workout for YOUR needs! We will be stronger together!!!
Tips on Properly Wearing a Mask During Exercise
- Make sure your mask is big enough to cover your nose and face for proper protection.
- The mask should feel comfortable and snug around your cheeks and nose. Try not to fidget with the mask while you are working out.
- If the mask restricts your breathing prior to exercise, it will not be good to wear during exercise.
- Wash your hands PRIOR to putting on your mask with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- A great advantage of a cloth mask is that it can be washed. Have a few masks so there is a clean, dry mask ready for each workout.